Introduction to the Partner
The Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility (HNCSR), is a non-profit business association established in June 2000. As of July 2010 its membership includes 138 companies and 7 business associations. It is run by a seven member Board.
It is also coordinator of the Global Compact Network – Hellas
Main objectives of the Network are to promote the CSR concept and principles and disseminate them to the Greek business society and to society as a whole with the endmost aim of achieving a balance of profitability and sustainable development.
The above are materialised through:
- Continuous updating and communication of information on this area
- Networking and collaboration with enterprises, collective and other organisations on all levels for the exchange and dissemination of information
- Sensitisation of business leaders and the general public to the social activities and the contribution of enterprises on local, national and international level
- Mobilisation and development of collaborations for the promotion of joint social projects and the common facing of social problems
- Transfer, adaptation and spread of best practices on the area of social cohesion and corporate social responsibility
- Development of any other form of activities for the accomplishment of the Network’s objectives.
Its current priorities are to:
- Raise awareness and support to businesses in developing CSR culture.
- Disseminate CSR to Greek SMEs
- Create long term synergies with the Government for the promotion of several CSR themes in both the public and the private sectors
- Collaborate with local and international NGOs for the promotion of CSR principles