The Pontis Foundation has become the very first foundation in Slovakia to receive a Fair Trade Workplace Certificate from the Integra Foundation, which recognizes organizations supporting the fair trade principles.
In Pontis Foundation, we have been supporting the fair trade idea for a long time. Fair trade is a widely recognized concept of sustainable development for small farmers in developing countries. Serving fair trade products at the events organized by the Pontis Foundation has already become a tradition.
Fair trade guarantees the following principles:
- fair and stable price for the producer
- long-term trading relations and payments
- investment in the development of poor communities
- fight against child labor abuse
- environmentally sensitive growing
- support of skills development and a better position of producers in the world market