This webinar is being run by Business in the Community (BITC) for Mayday businesses to provide guidance to landlords and tenants on the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
Time: 15.00 – 16.00
Whether you are an owner or a tenant occupier of a commercial building you will be aware of the complications the relationship can have on compliance and high-performance in the CRC. This webinar, led by DLA Piper, will advise both tenants and landlords on how to manage the expectations that the CRC brings to both parties and provide examples of how responsibilities for a building’s energy use can be shared across the two for increased efficiency. The webinar will also look at how building collaborations for CRC purposes can be extended to drive sustainable building solutions forward and generate momentum for wider environmental solutions such as renewable energy generation.
What will I get out of attending?
- The CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme: Brief Introduction and how the scheme works
- The Energy Supply Rules: the general rules and the special treatment of landlords and tenants
- The practical issues posed by the scheme for landlords and tenants
- Special cases, such as PFI schemes
- Proposals for simplification of the scheme and the “Next Steps” document
- Resolution of the issues, Green Leases and Memorandum of Understanding
- Wider Benefits in terms of economic advantage, sustainable development and response to other Government policies such as the Green Deal and proposals for private rented properties.
Partner, DLA Piper
Barrister, DLA Piper